The seasons follow the same pattern as the moon’s phases. And as summer is like the full moon, autumn can be compared with the waning moon, when it turns away from the sun towards darkness. At this time it is natural to become more inward, retreating into a reflective mode.
As the energy of the season changes, the autumn offers us the chance to retreat and cleanse, allowing space for the body to renew and replenish. During this time tensions and toxins are more easily released making it the perfect time for weight loss and fasting.
It is especially important to focus on the following during this period to help cleanse your body and mind:
- Dry body brushing
- Lymph massages / Cupping
- Cleansing and restorative wraps
- Diet – soups, herbal teas, smoothies, nutrients that cleanse and restores, green leafs and veggies, support the kidneys and live
- Relaxing and restorative treatments
- Yoga, stretch and meditation
To welcome autumn at the Grand Hôtel Nordic Spa, by Raison d’Etre we are introducing 2 new treatments
- Cupping (60/90min) – This is an ancient therapy which is wonderful for the lymph system as well as detoxing and great for combating soreness and water retention. Definitely a seasonal treat!
- Artic Detox Massage (2hours) – cleansing, toning, fights cellulites and water retention, using connective tissue, cupping, heated mung seed pillows and Swedish classical massage